With the southeastern U.S. earning the reputation as a major hub for the automotive industry, South Carolina – Orangeburg County in Particular – is a key contributor to this trend.
Orangeburg County and the region are home to a number of automotive suppliers that make the area an ideal home for auto-related industrial development. With companies such as Koyo, Sigmatex, and Hikari (JTEKT) located in the County and the recent announcement of Volvo within 20 miles of the Global Logistics Triangle (I-26, US301 and I-95), Orangeburg County is your ideal destination for the auto industry.
By The Numbers
- The automotive industry in South Carolina has announced $7.7 billion in capital investment and 17,600 jobs since 2011.
- South Carolina ranks #1 in exports of tires and passenger automobiles.
- South Carolina is a right-to-work state.
- The automotive industry has nearly quadrupled in two decades.
- Orangeburg is less than 70 miles from the Port of Charleston- 4th busiest East Coast port and is less than 125 miles from the Port of Savannah, the second busiest U.S. container exporter.
- Home to businesses from 11 different countries.
Companies in Orangeburg County
Companies who have found a home—and found success—in Orangeburg County.